50th birthday wishes
Looking for a creative way to wish someone a Happy 50th Birthday? Here you will find tons of birthday wishes for the special people in your life. From funny and witty to sweet and thoughtful, we have a wide range of 50th birthday phrases and greetings to choose from.
You can simply find the one that best fits your personality or customize it to create your own unique message. Each of these birthday wishes are perfect to write inside a handmade birthday card, send as a text, or even write on top of a birthday cake for someone’s 50th birthday party.
Ideas for birthday wishes
- Dear Friend: It’s your special day—a day to reminisce about years gone by and to look forward to years to come! Here’s hoping your 50th birthday is filled with love, laughter and everything good in life.
- Beloved Husband: It seems like just yesterday we were young and in love. We may not be as young anymore, but we are more in love than ever. I have loved spending the best years of our lives together and look forward to many more to come. Happy birthday!
- Dearest Wife: The day we married, I was sure there was no one more beautiful on the planet, and I’ve only become more convinced of this truth with each passing year. At 50, you are still the most beautiful woman. I can’t wait to see you at 75. Happy Birthday!
- Dad: I could tease you about getting older, but I know half of those grey hairs were caused by us kids growing up! Thanks for being a great dad this year and every year. Sorry about the grey hairs, and happy 50th birthday. I hope it’s a great one!
- Mom: Fifty years old—what a milestone! You have done so much with your life so far, and I know you will continue to do so much more. You truly are a remarkable woman and an amazing mother. I hope this year is your best one yet. Happy birthday!
- Friend: Remember when we thought 30 was old? Boy, were we wrong! I imagine someday we will say the same thing about 50, too. Spend the day complaining about how old you feel if you want, but just remember—it could be worse!
- Humans, if you think about it, are just like wine or fine cheese: They get better with the pass of time. Congratulations on your 50th birthday as it means that you, my dear friend, have finally reached the stage in your life when you have that special je ne sais quoi that younger folks wish to encompass. To celebrate this day, I want you to have your cake and eat it too. And, don’t forget to save me a slice.
- It’s unbelievable how quickly time flies by when you’re having fun. One minute you’re in diapers waiting for your mother to feed you canned peas and the next thing you know, your’e sitting around a cake with 50 candles. Well, I hope you have loads and loads of fun on your birthday because you totally deserve it.
- Each day that passes is a victory because life is the most precious thing we have. Some people don’t live their life to the fullest and end up having regrets later on. As a result, I want you to celebrate each and every day and party like a rock star on your 50th birthday. Happy birthday to the coolest, wisest, smartest and silliest person I know.
- Don’t think that you’re getting older; think that you’re getting wiser. A birthday is merely the day when you start the year all over again and start collecting more knowledge for the next. I hope you have a year full of laughs, friendship, crazy antics and cake because you only turn 50 once. Next year when you look back, I want you to think, “ Boy, I am one crazy son-of-a-gun.”